Do any of you collectively FaceTime?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jessica Lares, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

This is apparently the way kids handle not being able to have all their friends over at the same time... Recently my brother has had friends over and they all grab their iPhones, iPods, and iPads, and then FaceTime all their friends and chill out like you would otherwise pretty much the whole night.

I'm wondering if people around here do that? I'm both amused and impressed by the idea.

2. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Yes this is very common! This is why I want multiperson face time.

3. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

So they're all using multiple devices? Are they aware there are other apps out there that will do what they want on a single device?

4. Jessica Lares thread starter macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Cool. Yeah, I'm pretty surprised they didn't bring that from iChat.

Hah, I don't know. I hope they do and it's just that people don't want to sign up... That's kinda like telling Facebook people that there are other social networks out there that do stuff they want Facebook to do.

5. Hustler macrumors 6502

Hustler

Nope, for me always just me and my wife in one screen and other family member up to two on the other side.

6. PegasusTenma macrumors regular

PegasusTenma

I do it with my parents. She is in North Carolina, my dad is in Madrid and I am in London.

7. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I love FaceTime. My friends are always with me at all times, even at work and during my lunch breaks and I don't even have to buy them lunch. It's the "new rude".

8. juanrp macrumors 6502a

juanrp

FaceTime with 2 devices is so stressful.
    Not being to hear each other, connection problems, battery drain.

I personally FaceTime one person on a daily basis, mainly because I don't see them often during the day even though we attend the same school (other than 1 class), and just because there's nothing else to do, we talk for fun.

But I can't do 2 at the same time. No thanks.

9. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I don't see the connection at all. A social network requires some amount of effort with posting. If these kids want to video chat, they can make an account and have group video set up in minutes. They never have to do any additional work.

But anyway, obviously not my problem. Just surprised that lining up a bunch of devices for a video relay makes more sense than just using a single device they already own running an extra bit of free software.

10. bushido Suspended

bushido

I haven't even opened the app since like 2 years ago or so lol I also hate being on the phone. I do text for hours tho

11. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

When I'm on it, it's usually for atleast like 2 hours but I don't use it on a regular basis.

12. JUNNEL20 macrumors member

There are other apps that are better than Facetime, in terms of video quality. I use Line App for one on one, and use OOVOO for multi-person video chats.