Do any of you know how to do street view in google earth for ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by paulbaker99, Jul 12, 2012.

1. paulbaker99 macrumors newbie

can you please give me step by step instructions. I have the app and the information I have read on the Internet does not seem to work

2. Dodgeroo macrumors regular

Pretty sure you can't do street view in the Google Earth app itself, but it works fine in maps.

3. sibyl7777 macrumors newbie

4. ManUMark macrumors member

Do you mean the following? Go to Maps and open the bottom righthand corner where the 'page' is turned up. 'Drop a pin' and change to satalite. Then click on the orange circle with the man in, this will give you street view.

5. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

Wow! Thanks so much. I didn't realize ios maps had street view baked in. I figured since desktop version uses flash that we were sol on
    iOS.

I'm guessing we'll not have this ability on apple maps.

6. utahman130 macrumors 6502a

utahman130

Nope, sorry.

7. paulbaker99 thread starter macrumors newbie

That worked but its the same in google earth. You know how in google earth for pc you can do a street view where you can look at the front of your house and it looks like you are standing on the sidewalk looking at your house ? i would like to do that on my ipad if its possable

8. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Pretty sure the only way to do the "standing on the sidewalk" view on the iPad is to do it via the Maps app as stated above.

I would guess that once iOS 6 comes out with Apple's own Maps, Google will release an updated Google Maps / Google Earth app with some of these features.

9. HelloWorld03 macrumors newbie

I figured it out. Tap your little orange man to show streets, then drag him onto the blue line that shows a street

10. Atrin1 macrumors regular

yup this is correct. i just downloaded the google earth map the other day on my ipad and thats how you do it