Do any of you read on your iPhone 6/phablet?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by theapplefanboyj, Nov 2, 2014.

1. theapplefanboyj macrumors 6502a

I should've posted this in the alternatives to ios devices forum, but because the new iPhones have bigger screens, why shouldn't I put it here?

Do any of you read books on your 4.5+ inch phone? I want to but we're not allowed to use them in class, which hopefully my case solves when it comes because it's big!
    However, like other people, I like reading paper back books because of the feel. Granted, I would read paper back books but I don't carry books with me anywhere since most of the time, I don't carry a bag with me except for school. What about you?

2. CEmajr macrumors 601

I've tried it a few times on my iPhone 6 and while it's possible, the iPad mini still works better for reading books. It doesn't feel as natural trying to read a book on the 6 for an extended period of time. I think the screen is still too small for that.

Plus you can forget about professors letting you use your phone to read in class. For all they know you could be texting or using Facebook or something instead of paying attention. Some will allow iPads though.

3. Alimar macrumors 6502a

Alimar

I read all the time on my iPhone 6 Plus. When my eyes get tired, I use the text-to-speech feature w/headphones.

If you have a problem with not being able to use a smart phone in class, go to the office of assistive learning (may be disability services... or some other PC name), plead your case... and ask for their support.

4. theapplefanboyj thread starter macrumors 6502a

I haven't read in class with my opo before. I'll try tomorrow and if that doesn't work I'll do that. Thanks :)