Do any of you use MacBook Pro colour calibration profiles on a MacBook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by kabunaru, Nov 20, 2008.

1. kabunaru Guest

I wonder if anybody uses colour calibration profiles that were meant for the MacBook Pro on a MacBook? I heard some MacBook Pro colour profiles make the MacBook look good.

2. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Haven't tried it, but I believe that since the screens are so different it might not look good on a MB... IMO.

3. iMac430 macrumors member

Actually I am using the default color profile for my friends (early '08) MBP on my early '08 MB. The deafult color profile for my screen, 9C5E, looked so washed out. His was a 9C81 screen with 1.8 gamma. It looks really good and nothing looks washed out anymore. If someone has a good 9C5E (my screen) or 9C81 color profile, I'd like to try them, thanks.

4. kabunaru thread starter Guest

Could you post that MacBook Pro profile with 1.8 gamma? I also have a MacBook with 9C5E display.

5. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

There should be a thread that's a week or two old with profiles for each of the displays. Good luck.

6. kabunaru thread starter Guest

But most of them are dark. I want 1.8 gamma and 2.0 gamma at the most. I do not know why most people like the dark PC gamma of 2.2-2.4. Does anyone out there still like the Mac gamma of 1.8?

7. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

My personal experience with the MB was that it was either too dark or too washed out. Got tired of frakking with it, and exchanged for a MBP instead for no problems whatsoever.

If the profiles of others don't do it for you, maybe you can try supercal and come up with something yourself.

I'm not a MB screen hater, it just wasn't for me. For a MB or entry level mac portable, it is the best screen ever.

8. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Try this... I got it from one of the sites and it works pretty darn well, not too dark.

Attached Files:

9. kabunaru thread starter Guest

Actually, this is the best profile I have ever seen on my MacBook. Thanks.
    This one is a keeper.