Do any Skins *completely* cover the iPad's black Bezel?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Sounds Good, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Sounds Good macrumors 68000

I'm looking for a skin that will completely cover the iPad's black bezel (except for the home button of course).

We bought an iPad yesterday for my mom, but she's disabled so it's harder for her to use than the average person. While holding the iPad her thumb keeps hitting the edge of the screen, which almost always messes up whatever she's trying to do. It's hard for her to keep it on the bezel without accidentally touching the very sensitive screen.

I'm thinking that if her iPad had a skin that totally covered the black bezel she could rest her thumb on the rubber skin... it should be easier to feel it and avoid touching the screen.

If anyone sees a skin like this (or something similar) please let me know.

Thank you! :)

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

A skin, if I understand what you mean by skin, won't do it because thin plastic still transmits electrical energy. Your best be is a leather case that does that. The leather will give her a physical target she can hold on to.

Something like this maybe: Sena Folio.

I'm not related to the company, but I have had their cases on my iPhone, and I loved them.

3. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

My only recommendation would be to order a front skin from BSE - www.bestskinsever.com or IS or one of those brands, BSE would be the cheapest and carefully measure the screen area and before taking the skin off of the paper backing, cut out the screen area, leaving your with a 'frame' skin. You can then put that on, giving you a bezel skin which would give you a bezel grip and let your hand know where the bezel ends and the touch surface begins.

4. taskmanager macrumors regular

5. aerospace macrumors 6502a

Saw one that covered it with a light wood, made it look like a plain picture frame.

Easy way to get someone to say WTF? Pick up you picture frame off the mantle and start surfing the web or twittering lol

6. Sounds Good thread starter macrumors 68000

7. Sounds Good thread starter macrumors 68000

I meant to comment on this yesterday but forgot...

I'm not sure if the material matters as much since I just want her to be able to distinguish between feeling the sleeve and feeling the screen -- but you're right that leather might be better than rubber or plastic. Thanks!

8. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

I saw those and think they are very cool! Great way to personalize your iPad. I will be ordering one as soon as I can make my mind up about which design to get. There are so many :D