Do anyone use rear glass protectors?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Caris, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Caris macrumors 6502a

Caris

Just wondering if anyone has used/using rear screen protectors to protect their phone further. If you do could you share some photos and let me know if they impact with putting a case on?

2. StaceyMJ86 macrumors 68000

StaceyMJ86

I’m looking into using them along with a bumper, so I’m following your thread.

3. Nipommu macrumors regular

What i want to know is is there a back glass protector that comes up to the camera bump.....if anyone is using a thick glass protector that comes up to the camera bump please share

4. StaceyMJ86 macrumors 68000

StaceyMJ86

5. praterkeith macrumors 6502

praterkeith

I’ve got a back glass protector on my XR. It’s just a shield, not glass. I use it with a Nomad Rugged leather case and it fits great.

6. Caris thread starter macrumors 6502a

Caris

7. HDFan macrumors 65816

Rear screen protector? You mean phone back cover protector?

I have had two instances where screen/back case protectors were important. Dropped a phone face down on gravel and cracked the Belkin screen protector, but no damage to the glass. I fell and scratched the back of my iPad which unfortunately was not protected by a case. My new one is going to have a case for front and back as those scratches dented the resale value.

8. Mr.C macrumors 601

I don’t use a rear glass protector as such but I have the ESR case in the link below for which they claim the back is made of glass although it feels more like hard plastic. They claim it’s a tempered glass protector. Either way it hasn’t scratched yet and it seems like it gives pretty good protection. The bumper is soft TPU and gives pretty good grip. The case doesn’t add a lot of bulk either.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07FLTCS9D?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title