Do anything special happen when you buy iPhone 4 + iPad??

yhellotharsir

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
Considering both are considered Apple's "hot" products right now, its centerpieces, I'm wondering if there's a special benefit or hidden feature that occurs when you own both an iPhone 4 and an iPad.

Thanks.

Etnies419

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2008
Ever see a double rainbow? That's what you get when you own both. A constant double rainbow.

California King

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2007
Yes, the special "thing" that happens is that you constantly get confused which device to use, since both do almost exactly the same things :)

Oh yeah, and you buy 2 versions of the same game.

MacJones

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2010
Arizona
The iPad isn't worth it IMO. I owned one for about a month then sold it because I couldn't find a good use for it. I had the iPhone for everyday use and my Mac setup at home. The iPad was to big to bring with me and wasn't as easy to use as my Mac so I sold it and used that money towards my ACD. IMO just get an iPhone 4 and forget the iPad. :)

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future
The iPad isn't worth it IMO. I owned one for about a month then sold it because I couldn't find a good use for it. I had the iPhone for everyday use and my Mac setup at home. The iPad was to big to bring with me and wasn't as easy to use as my Mac so I sold it and used that money towards my ACD. IMO just get an iPhone 4 and forget the iPad. :)
What about the unicorns, man???

patent10021

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2004
Ever see a double rainbow? That's what you get when you own both. A constant double rainbow.
If you're going to use quotes from the internet at least use the correct quote.

It's "complete rainbow". Or "double rainbow all the way. What does it mean?!".

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2010
You get dirty looks from people wondering why you're carrying around an iPad and an iPhone 4. I've actually had some clerk at CVS call me "smug" for having both. Said why on earth would anyone need 2 mobile computers when some people don't even have one.

I told her I carry them around to purposely piss people like her off. So I guess that counts as special.

dgstan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
You get especially pizzed because the tiny iPhone screen looks ten times better than the iPad's.

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future
My friend named his "Pointy".
I didn't give my unicorn a name. It will make me feel better when I upgrade to Rev B and sell my old one to Apple to make MagicGlue. It can live twice as long on a bale of hey and only craps half as much. I'm an Apple analyst and that's what the suppliers to whom I am close say. But that is why Apple makes their unicorns out of highly recyclable materials, right?
Edit: And it has a backlit horn.

oilers15

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2010
yes... steve jobs comes out from the storage room on a rare peruvian unicorn and gives you a bag of pixie dust and a kiss on the cheek!!

but seriously, other than the jealous glares from the 15 year olds hanging around in the apple store, nothing special happens :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.