Do Apple employees get iPhones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by carrollf, Apr 14, 2008.

1. carrollf macrumors regular

carrollf

Do Apple employees get any special deals on iPhones?

2. butterfly0fdoom macrumors 6502a

I remember Steve Jobs saying all Apple employees would get a complimentary iPhone.

If that isn't the case, my mom (who works for AT&T) got a flyer back in August saying that AT&T employees could get a discount on the iPhone. I presume that Apple employees would get a discount, too.

3. icantbelieveit macrumors member

They get a free one, lucky bas***ds! But they have to pay for the contract obviously, just get the handset free!

4. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

I think at O2 in the UK if you work for O2 you get a the middle tariff (of whatever) knocked down to the lower version plus 30% off. Heard it through the grapevine though.

5. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

Employees only got a free one when the handset was launched. You couldn't just get a job with them and get a free iPhone. You have to pay for it, like everyone else.
    No special tarriffs.

6. StoneGaijin macrumors regular

This is indeed true, I received such a flyer back then, as a former AT&T Employee, I still receive my AT&T corporate discount on the monthly service, however I paid full price for my phone.

7. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

Even so, you're still better off. ;)

8. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

the deal was that any full time employee at launch got one, and any part time that worked for over a year got one

9. aristobrat macrumors G4

Like most retailers, Apple gives its employees special deals on all Apple products.