Do Apple have some type of Trade In Program

redrory

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2006
Hello everyone, My name is Rory
A bit new here,

I am been thinking about getting a mac for over a year. But when it was time unfournately the Apple Store was full and my aunt wasnt able to bring one for me.

Now I have a Gateway MX6920, and I am pleased with it. It costed me $1000, but now I am feeling the Mac Vibe again.
I cannot really BUY another laptop, so I was wondering it Apple had a trade in program or anything similar.

It was my intention to come here and look for somone whom needed a PC for Work any reasons and try a trade for a PowerBook or something, but I need 98 posts for that :(

Any ideas on how I can change my MX6920 into a PowerBook/ iBook or MacBook :)

without eBay..

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
redrory said:
Do Apple have some type of Trade In Program
The retail stores will let you bring in your surplus cash and trade it in for all sorts of lovely stuff.:)

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
Washington, DC
redrory said:
Any ideas on how I can change my MX6920 into a PowerBook/ iBook or MacBook :)

without eBay..
What do you think Apple is, a used car lot? ;) Sorry, selling the thing is the only way you're going to get a MacBook.

iMetroid

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2006
Baltimore, MD
Have you checked to see if Gateway has a trade-in (for cash) program?

I know you said that you didn't want Ebay, but here's another option. Ebay has a PC trade-in program where you can get pretty decent prices. Problem is - last time I checked, there was a major limit to the brands / model numbers that you could trade in. Still worth a try, though.

*looks for link* MAN! I can't find it. You'll have to hunt around for it yourself. Sorries. :D

redrory

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2006
Thanks for all responses guys :D

I am going trying a sell it locally, and get a Macbook or PowerBook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.