Do Apple repair or replace defect units?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Haziza, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Haziza macrumors member

Haziza

Hello, had my Iphone 6 for some months now. S
    Some days ago i did notice that when i click on the screen it makes a clicking sound, like if the screen is loose in the middle or something! :eek:

I did contact Apple and they sent it in for a repair.

Do Apple repair the Phone or do i get a new one? I don't want a used repaired one with a used battery and ****!! :mad:

Any know how Apple handle defect units?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

They do both, in some cases they can repair the phone, in others it will be replaced with a refurb. It all depends on what's wrong with the phone.

3. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

And if it is a refurb, it will be every bit as good as a new one.

4. theaudiobully87 macrumors newbie

Yes. I recently had an iPhone 6 replaced, but unfortunately, the replacement I received was damaged.

I've since resolved it with apple and I'm currently waiting for another replacement.

So depending on the problem, they will wither repair or replace your phone.

5. hamiltonDSi macrumors 65816

hamiltonDSi

I had 3 iPhone's 6 with the clicking screen problem. After the 3rd one developed the problem I said ***** it and jumped to the 6 Plus. Now my 6 Plus has the same problem.
    It's a design flaw, i'll try to live with it until the 6S.

PS : My dad, my cousin and a lot of friends have the iPhone 6 and they all have the same problem.

6. aristobrat macrumors G4

Apple uses both new and refurbished for warranty replacements. If refurbished, it comes with a brand new exterior shell (with a brand new serial (or equivalent) number printed on it) and a brand new battery. Even comes in the same plastic wrapping that new ones do.