Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

weemanpow3

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 14, 2008
Im gonna be buying the highest end 15" MBP tomorrow but want it with the high res screen. Question is do the Apple retail stores carry MBP with the High Res Screen? Apple website Live Chat reps says that stores wont carry them and the only way to get it is by ordering online because it's a customization. I would rather drive 15 min to the store than waiting a week or so for it to arrive. Thanks.

cambrai

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2011
Bath UK
Bought a Hi Res earlier but it was only avail with the 2.3 and Anti glare, but yes they are in stock in store

tylerpenn

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2011
Yes, sort of

I went to the 14th street store around noon today in NYC. I was looking to get the 2.2Ghz 15" MBPro with hi-res glossy display.

I spoke to a "genius" and he said that the only hi-res pros they have in stock are 2.3Ghz models (an extra $250). He said that they have the regular stock ones and others that are all maxed out, nothing in between.

Sucks because now I have to order online and wait.

jvmxtra

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2010
Go to actual apple store.. not sure about retail(e.g, microcenter in nj, does not carry high res for 15 inch model)

karohan

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2010
I know Apple retail stores do carry higher res models, but they're not guaranteed to, so you'll find some models where the high res models are not available. But it beats other retailers I guess, like Best Buy, where they don't carry any high resolution options at all.

AbyssImpact

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2010
You guys seriously buy from apple stores and pay the 8-9% tax??? You guys are crazy. I would wait on Amazon if you ask me.

karohan

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2010
Does Amazon offer the high res screens? Last time I checked they didn't, but I may have missed something.

bcrawfo2

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2010
I live in no sales tax state, so I called my store. They had one non-glare 15", but didn't have anything but the 750 gig HD.
I'm shooting for the 128 or 256g SSD, so I'm BTOing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.