Do Apple retail stores generally stock i7 iMacs?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jlblodgett, Mar 8, 2010.

1. jlblodgett macrumors 6502a

The i7 iMac is BTO on the online store, but do the Apple retail stores keep any i7 stock on hand?

I have an Apple store nearby, so a phone call is always an option - just thought I would ask if these are ever available for immediate purchase.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Apple Stores usually only have stock models. Why not to call though because I've heard they sometimes have BTOs as well (although it's very unlikely)

3. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

Sometimes, Apple Stores carry up-rated "stock" models, too. I bought my Early '08 MBP at a local Apple Store with a faster CPU (2.6GHz versus 2.4GHz), upgraded graphics memory (512MB versus 256MB), a 7,200-rpm hard drive and matte screen option - and it didn't even appear on their web store outside of BTO.

It's best to call them and ask.

4. bobbleheadbob macrumors 6502a

bobbleheadbob

I've been in two :apple: stores yesterday and today (Hingham, MA and Boston). Neither had them in stock (I asked both times), but the Hingham store told me they were expecting to get some at some point soon.

I suppose I could call first to ask, but I live near one and work near the other -- and I like poking around in there in person. :D

5. ZazenZach macrumors member

y not buy online and get it delivered in 24 hours?

6. JYork23 macrumors member

They're now up to 1-3 business days on those. I just placed my order.