Do Apple retail stores still sell PB batteries?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iToaster, Mar 29, 2008.

1. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

Well, my wonderful PowerBook, being a good 2 years old, is a little short in the battery life. However, I won't be home for a little while and really don't want to fuss with the Apple online store right now. I will be in NYC this next week and around the 3 Apple stores there, so does anyone know wether or not they sell batteries for the older models in the retail stores?

FYI, the battery isn't dead, but it is at 20% of original capacity... it'll last about an hour on Safari, but no more. Otherwise, great machine! I'll never get rid of this.

2. dringkor macrumors member

The Apple store here in St. Louis had a battery in stock for my wife's 12" Powerbook G4 when I went in a couple weeks ago, and that store is tiny compared to the one I've been to next to Central Park in NY.

3. iToaster thread starter macrumors 68000

iToaster

That seems like proof enough. With 3 stores in NYC, certainly one would have a battery, certainly now with your info. Thanks.

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Even if the Apple Store doesn't have them. Check other third-party Apple stores, they are highly likely to have them. But the 5th Avenue store would probably have them.