Do Apple Stores take in older computers on trade-in?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jshbckr, Jun 18, 2007.

1. jshbckr macrumors 6502

I've sort of been wanting a newer, smaller laptop to go along with my mac pro, and selling my current laptop:

PowerBook G4
    1.67 GHz
    1 GB RAM
    100 GB Hard drive
    Airport/Bluetooth
    SuperDrive
    ATI Radeon 9700 (The upgraded GPU--Supports 30" display)

However, there is a little cosmetic damage. There are a few dents and dings. Also, the battery is only holding about 35-40% of it's charge. Other than that, the computer functions perfectly. I used to use it for Final Cut Studio and Adobe Photoshop apps. It just isn't as powerful as my 8-core Mac Pro (stating the obvious) so I don't use it for that kind of work anymore, and now it just seems too big and heavy for what I'm using it for now--mobile internet and general use.

So, would I be able to trade this in at an Apple store towards a MacBook? Or how much do you think I could get out of it if I tried to sell it?

Thanks.

2. screensaver400 macrumors 6502a

The apple store isn't a used car dealership.

Check PowerMax or MacOfAllTrades.

3. jshbckr thread starter macrumors 6502

I just read a topic a little bit ago about someone picking up a PowerBook from their Apple Stores used section. That's why I asked.

4. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

Chances are someone bought it from Apple's online store in the refurbished section.

5. ChrisA macrumors G4

They are pretty easy to sell. For some odd reason people will pay unreasonable amounts for a used Apple notebooks. The best way to check the value is to do a search on eBay for closed auctions. You can see the range of closing prices and asume yours will sell within that range.