Do Apple Stores usually get less busy as the day moves on, on launch days?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shyam09, Nov 3, 2017.

1. shyam09 macrumors 68020

shyam09

It’s finally Friday and I have my X ready for pickup. My time is 1 PM and being my first in-store experience, does the Apple store get less busy / crowded as the day goes on, on launch days?

Of course this varies per store, but generally speaking.

2. effort macrumors member

effort

Went to an Apple store yesterday to pick up iX accessories, rep told me that they were expecting a mad house all day. You wouldn't believe the amount of people that came in asking if they were selling the device already (and this was just on Wednesday!). I'm sure they'll have people allllllllllllllllll day long asking, even though the stock will depleted in the first hour.

3. Plilbeye macrumors member

Plilbeye

It's going to be pretty busy for most of the day. People are going to be there just to play with the device and people that will think they can just walk in hours later and pick one up. It also depends on location to completely be honest.

4. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

5. TrueBlou macrumors 68040

TrueBlou

Location as you mentioned plays a big part in it, the bigger the city or town, the busier the store is likely to be. But it’s generally pretty busy all day.

6. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

It will be busy, but with a reservation, at 1pm, yopu will likely be bumped to the front. Depending on how many phones they had they may still be working through the intial line from the morning. But your reserved device means you wont have a line to stand in, unless theres still a reservation line.

7. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Actually if you reread the initial Post , the OP stated that it "Of course it Varies per store, but they were generally speaking." More to the point, it's a fair statement to say that most Apple stores will be busy on launch day regardless of location with spectators and those who are upgrading.

8. scotio200 macrumors regular

When I used to work for Apple Retail we would usually see a drop around 1pm. This was before the reserve for in store pickup days so its probably changed a lot now as there will be a steady stream of people coming in hourly to collect their phones