Resolved Do Apps Like This Exist for the iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ppark, Oct 27, 2012.

1. ppark, Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012

ppark macrumors newbie

Hey everybody, I came here with a few questions about the iPad. I'm giving my macbook to a sibling whose laptop just broke and I have a Windows desktop. I was wondering if there there apps on the iPad for the following tasks I need to do?

-Open and edit pdfs, not annotation where I draw arrows and underline, although that wouldn't hurt. I often need to combine and insert various pdfs together (before, between, and after specific pages) and delete specific pages.

-Open, edit, and create word docs; the header and footer as well. Convert them to pdf is crucial. Being able to copy/paste from another word doc directly into the doc I am working on would be a huge bonus, but not necessary.

-Is there a Microsoft Outlook app where I can view my calendar, email, and contacts easily? I'm not too keen on being able to see them on 3 different applications, so I have to keep jumping between them.

Besides these work-related apps, I have a general idea what I will download to enjoy surfing the internet. Sorry for all the questions. :eek:

2. SL4VE macrumors 6502

Adobe reader - cant edit

Smart office

Can sync calendar and email using th apple apps with outlook

HTH

3. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

4. ppark thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you, Menel, for being such a big help and taking time out of your day to click my thread, read, and answer one of my questions. :rolleyes:

The whole point I created this thread was to see if the iPad was a viable option for me; working on a laptop in downtown Chicago on public transportation is not too convenient. I am fully aware that this tablet may not suffice, so I came here looking for constructive help.

5. Ashwood11, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012

Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

Do Apps Like This Exist for the iPad?

Perhaps if you asked in the Apps Forum you might get the answers.

6. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

And he answered your question.

Perhaps you would feel better if he had worded it more "I'm so sorry to have to tell you this but no, I do not believe that there are any apps for what you have listed and in my humble opinion you would be better off getting a laptop."

7. ppark thread starter macrumors newbie

I am quite new to these forums and the help section of the iPad section seemed to be a logical place for me to ask for help, I did not bother to look any further once I found what I thought to be the correct location. I will post a thread there now. Sorry to everyone for having to deal with my amateur use of this forums, moderators can feel free to delete this thread.

He did not answer my questions; a statement, without an explanation, that did not address any of my questions was made. And yes, if it was worded that way, I would have appreciated it infinitely more.

8. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    While I can't answer your questions, I can and do apologize for the rudeness exhibited here by some.

9. wootwootwootlol macrumors newbie

was not being rude

he was not being rude..
    he was trying to help in an efficient manner.

wow...

do you need a whole paragraph to ease your heart then two words to let you know info you need?

10. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Agreed, seems like a brief answer to your question OP. For what you asked, it sounds like a laptop would better suit your needs than an iPad, which is what it seems Menel was suggesting..