Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The JTizzle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
Maine
Hey about to pull the trigger on upgrading my iPad Air to a Pro. Was curious before I do, do apps need to upscale and look wonky like when you upgraded from a iPhone 5s to 6? or does everything look fine, you just can't multi task until the app get optimized and updated.

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
There are definitely some upsized/blown-up apps. Not too annoying except when it's the keyboard. Then in landscape mode it's ridiculously big to type on, and I keep hitting "O" instead of "P" etc.

I'm just hoping it's an early adopter thing and a lot of them will soon update. Many of the apps I'm using are updated, but I'm also beginning to favor other updated apps (like Documents 5 over GoodReader) because they are already optimized for the Pro.

Reactions: BrettJDeriso

M-5

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
Some apps need to be updated to take advantage of the larger screen. From my experience, apps like YouTube haven't been updated, and while they look fine, they do look like they were scaled up since the UI elements look sort of large. The keyboard for instance doesn't have the dedicated number row and just looks larger, while the keyboard in stock apps looks normal and takes advantage of the larger display.

The JTizzle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
Maine
Ok thats what I feared but it sounds like its not a HUGE deal. Overall you guys liking the pro?

The JTizzle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
Maine
Pulled the trigger. Did a 128 SG with LTE, Pencil, back cover and smart cover. Gonna try the onscreen keyboard first before I buy the physical one as I don't plan to type a ton on it, more art related activities.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.