Do AT&T Corp. Discounts require a contract?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by thekb, Apr 22, 2011.

1. thekb macrumors 6502a

I was checking out the at&t corporate discount page and see that my company has an agreement for lower rates on the postpaid plan. But the fine print says it requires a two year contract. Does anyone know if this is correct? I backed out of the confirmation screen before I completed it. I do not want to have a contract.

The folks at at&t seem pretty clueless about this discount thing. No one would commit to anything about it, like how much the discount was or how long it takes to get activated. Anyone have experience with this? Thnx.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Are you referring to a personal phone after which you get a discount because of working for a company, or are you talking about a company-owned phone? The former requires a contract, as the discount is taken off monthly. The latter is up to the agreement between the company and AT&T.

3. thekb thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sorry, I left out some important info ...

This question related to my iPad service. I do not have an AT&T phone, so this is my only transaction with them. This is a personal iPad, not company. When I called they said they thought I would qualify, and when I entered my work email address it said I did qualify.

But, like I said, the fine print at the bottom also said a two year contract was required.

4. NikeTalk macrumors 6502a

You may get a discount on your phone plan but you won't be able to get one on an iPad plan. I think it has to do with the contracts but I know that's how it works. I wish I could!

5. DJsteveSD macrumors regular

DJsteveSD

discounts

I have the same thing, a corporate discount on my personal iphone due to the company I work for. I called AT&T and they stated that the discount would not apply to the iPad data plan, so I bit the bullet and switched to a tethering plan and got the wifi only ipad 2 cause the discount does apply to the iphone data/tethering plan...