iPod touch Do AT&T Gophone plans work with C Apple Peel?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Awesomecross98, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Awesomecross98 macrumors newbie

I'm thinking about getting both of these soon. I'm pretty sure the thing itself works with the C Apple peel, but would I be able to get away with using a "Pay as you go" plan (or the 10 cents per minute plan) and not buy a data package? P.S. Please do not stone me for any info I may be missing here, I'm researching this subject and barely know anything so far. Thanks in advanced.

2. Awesomecross98 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Awesomecross98 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Awesomecross98 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Awesomecross98 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Well, since it works off of GSM, I would venture to say yes, but I honestly have no idea.

7. Awesomecross98 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I heard somewhere that if you use one of those "pay as you go" plans, like the ones that make you pay 10 cents per minute, AT&T senses that and changes it to a $15 a month plan? Is that true? because I would not like to pay monthly as I would not use it that much.

8. Awesomecross98 thread starter macrumors newbie

9. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

i'm not sure what you are talking about. I'vebeen running my iphone 4 on gophone for past 6 months without an issue. They don't care on prepaid....postpaid is a different story.

10. Awesomecross98 thread starter macrumors newbie

In other words would they let you pay 10 cents per minute on a call or 1 cent per 5 KB used on surfing the web or checking FB etc. Is that prepaid? If not what's the story on postpaid?

Also do you have to sign up for a data package or can you pay as you go with that too?

11. rmhop81, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2011

rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

you are just paying for your usage in advance. Once it's used up, you have to purchase more. Postpaid, you use minutes or data then pay after. So that's where big fees could come in if things are over your plan.

right now i'm on the $25/month, 250 minutes, unlimited text plan on my iphone. No data...but u can add that as a feature package if you want. Prepaid data is rather expensive. Also, the prepaid 3g is pretty slow also.

If you want to just buy data once to test it out you can do that. Once it's gone it's gone. It doesn't have to be on your account all the time like it is with postpaid accounts. So for example...if i'm going out of town and want data just for my trip i can quickly add it. Then once it's used up i don't have to add data again if i don't want to.

12. Awesomecross98, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2011

Awesomecross98 thread starter macrumors newbie

So What kind of fees?

Also I'm big on using things like Facebook and Skype etc. but probably would only use calls for emergency and barely ever use text massaging. So what would you recommend for me now, prepaid or postpaid?

And also would the pay-as-you-go plans (still fuzzy on weather that is prepaid or postpaid) actually work on this because on the AT&T GoPhone website it says that the pay-as-you-go data doesn't work on smartphones but i dont actually want to buy a data package but idk if that actually means the C Apple peel. So would it work?

13. Awesomecross98 thread starter macrumors newbie

14. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Forum Rules Section "Minor Problems"

I know, we get that you're trying to find help here, but that doesn't mean you're totally helpless. Google this product that you are interested and learn more about it for yourself.

15. coochiekuta macrumors 6502

for what its worth, a phone is a phone. the only thing stopping you from using prepaid sim on smartphones is at&t. sometimes you can get away with it for a while and other times they catch up to you quickly. they cannot charge you extra for using it but can cut you off from their network until you call them to inquire.