Do At&t Honor Rollover Minutes With Iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dog352, Aug 19, 2008.

1. dog352 macrumors member

Just curious. If I don't use my 450 this month - especially due to almost every call I make being dropped - will I get those minutes next month?

2. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Yes roll over minutes count with the iPhone.

3. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

Yup, wish I could sell the damned things, I have about 4k.

4. cubedweller macrumors 6502

+1. I've never used any of mine.

5. Scooterman1 macrumors 6502a

Scooterman1

I have about 5,000, or more that has accumulated. From what I remember, they are good for 12 months. In other words, rollover minutes that I have left unused from this current month, will expire 12 months from now. Not the entire amount, just the current months, expire 12 months from the month they carry over.

6. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

This is one of the best features of being on AT&T. I also have about 4K rollover minutes, and it provides a nice cushion. I don't ever worry about going over my package minutes any more. With Verizon I would be over some months and under others.

Very nice feature...

7. richg916 macrumors regular

Rollover Summary
    You have 11,996; You used 0; 1,130 minutes to expire on 09/04/2008:D

8. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

9. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I lost 4000 roll over minutes last month when I upgraded my plan to the family talk plan. I now have only 700 roll over minutes. I don't use my iPhone as a phone all that much.

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I have two iPhones and a LG phone on a family plan and I have roll-over minutes.

11. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

One note of caution: if you're new to AT&T, your first billing cycle will NOT net you any rollover minutes, because it's a partial month. But you'll start to gain rollover minutes on the first full month you're with AT&T.

Also: I had a problem where I had a bunch of rollover minutes, but ended up losing them on switching to the iPhone 3G plan, even though I stayed on the same minute plan. One call to CS, and they were very happy to restore those minutes. So if you're in the same boat, call them.

12. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

All of my minutes stayed when i switched from a Blackjack 2 to the iPhone. I have close to 5000 rollover minutes at the moment.

13. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

ive got 9000 or so selling them would be awesome lol!!! at .25 cents a piece i'd have like 2 grand haha

14. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

All of my minutes stayed when i switched from a Blackjack 2 to the iPhone. I have close to 5000 rollover minutes at the moment.

15. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

16. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

AT&T was taking minutes from customers if they downgraded to a plan with lesser minutes. Family Plan 1400 minutes downgrade to Family Plan 700 minutes, if you had 4,000 rollover minutes, you would go to the lesser 700 minutes plan then you would lose 3,300 minutes towards the downgrade. At present I'm on the FP 1400 minutes and have accrued +6,000 rollover minutes. During my vacation I went over my 1400 minutes by 800, so they just deducted that from my rollover v. paying $0.25 cents per minute that I went over. Pretty sweet...:p

17. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

The only time when they reset the Rollover account is when you switch between a personal, business, or family plan, or downgrade your monthly minutes.

TEG

18. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

Yes, that's what they told me a few months ago when I switched from two separate phones to a family plan with three phones. After the switch, though, I didn't lose any rollover minutes on my phone (main number) but my wife's disappeared. Still, I had a few thousand that I still have, so I don't worry about ever going over.

19. HawaiiMacAddict macrumors 6502a

Aloha TEG,

Actually it was Cingular's signature service - IIRC, AT&T did not have rollover minutes until they acquired Cingular. It's actually more accurate to say that rollover minutes are NOW At&T's signature service :D

:apple:HawaiiMacAddict

20. HDJulie macrumors demi-goddess

And thank goodness for them. I always thought they were useless for us because we never used all of our regular minutes & had 2000 rollover minutes. I was wondering if I could trade them in on something. Then Hurricane Katrina hit & all we had was our cell phones (damned near literally) & we used almost all of them in the month after the storm. We're back up to about 3000 minutes & I cherish every one of them :).

21. pundapun macrumors newbie

Same here.

22. wronski macrumors 6502

I'd be cool if you could trade your minutes in for things, like international minutes.

23. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

It's actually more accurate to say that Cingular acquired AT&T then adopted the at&t name, hence the company that started the rollover minutes (Cingular) is the same company offering them today (as at&t). It has always been that company's signature service.

:D

24. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

That is not entirely accurate, at&t is NOT AT&T Wireless. Cingular (a joint partnership between SBC and Bell South) bought AT&T Wireless (a separate company from AT&T Corp.) in 2004. In 2005, SBC bought AT&T Corp. and became at&t, Inc., keeping AT&T Corp. as a subsidary. In 2006, at&t, Inc. bought Bell South. In 2007 at&t, Inc., because they owned 100% of Cingular converted the brand to at&t mobility, then started marketing their local service, long distance, television, and mobile telephone services under the at&t moniker.

So simply, at&t is Cingular, and it was Cingular that bought AT&T Wireless. This is the primary reason why I use the stylizied "at&t" since it is not the same company as AT&T or AT&T Wireless.

TEG

25. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

I have around 5000 as well, but I just added my two boys to the family plan. They'll probably burn through those in 3 days! LOL! :D