Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

faizoff

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
My friend said he checked two big stores and they don't even have a demo unit of the 6+ and have no idea if they'll get any shipment soon.

macbd

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2010
I went into a large AT&T store yesterday to ask if they had any 6 Plusses. She said no. I asked if they are getting any shipments of 6 Plusses. She said no. Then she said for a 6 Plus, I need to place an order and that it would be shipped to me directly from Apple in December.

dvdchance

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2012
I can't even find a 64gb regular 6 in any of the stores near me. At least according to the online check availability search.

A few NYC stores showed availability of 6+ in 128gb so at least a few made it to the stores.

BTW, has anyone found the online check availability to be accurate?

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Did you try calling an AT&T store instead of asking online? How would we know?

I am assuming there was hope that an AT&T rep would find the thread an anonymously give tips here.

Stores seem to be reluctant to tell you anything. I have heard "we get shipped stuff on a specific day" all the way to "we get shipments all the time, including mid-day" from AT&T employees.

Due to a glitch in my market versus area code, I am stuck upgrading through a core ATT (or online) store, or I can wait for the glitch to be ironed out, though I was not given an ETA. I've tried asking multiple stores but I have effectively given up for now. I have already spent more time on this than I believe it is worth.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.