Do Backups count against iCloud?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Azadre, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Azadre macrumors 6502

Definitely using more than 5 GBs, so I am not sure why I still have 5 of 5 GBs free.

[​IMG]

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Yes they do so I would be vary careful and keep a current iTunes backup (I do anyway because you can never have too many backups) also.

3. Azadre thread starter macrumors 6502

I figured out I have to add almost 16 GB of data before the data counter starts counting down. Called Apple support and they couldn't help because it looks OK on their end. But on my devices and iCloud.com it shows a lot of storage (more than I am paying for), and still space free.

4. Tech198 macrumors G4

not having too many backups is a good solution,, but there comes a point how many backups do u need to stay in sync and update when u change one of them ? Suddenly, u start realizing only 3 would be good.

I keep backups but i don't over-do it....... as i don't particularly wanna spend most of my time updating backup after backup just because i changed one file.

If it was all automatically backup'ed across drives, then that would be different.

5. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

They do and they're reasonably large. I would recommend limiting backups to secondary devices (i.e. iPad).