Do Blizzard have a support department??

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by whooleytoo, Sep 19, 2008.

1. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

I bought Starcraft for digital download during the week, but was unable to download it from the store.

I looked at my receipt, and somehow even though I specified Ireland as my location it sent my order through the US store and thus the download isn't working. I've emailed the US billing address and have received 2 form emails back talking exclusively about World of Warcraft. I sent two emails to the EU billing address and have received no reply. They don't have an Irish support phone number (that I'm aware of).

For a company that churn out quality game after quality game; they do have pretty bad customer care! :eek:

2. imassents macrumors 6502

Their support has been very good for the few times I've used it. It should state somewhere to allow 2-3 working days for a response. You will get automated responses from some of their addresses, you will need to read them to see if you need to respond to it again.

Usually what happens is you email them with a problem, their bots scan your email try to find something that can help. At this point Blizzard will not respond to your email. It says at the bottom (somewhere), if the solution here does not help to reply and state the problem again. After this reply you will get a human response in 2-3 days.

You tried contacting sales@blizzard.com yeah? That should be the correct one.

There are other international contact details here - however I think you should stick with the sales for the store that you made your purchase from.
    http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=21373
    (In future, as Ireland is not in the list, just choose the next closest location)

3. CJM macrumors 65816

CJM

Don't they have a telephone support office in Cork? (just checked their site and they have no specific Ireland number.)

You've probably seen this already but here's a link to a collection of numbers and an email address to try.

4. whooleytoo thread starter macrumors 603

whooleytoo

Cheers for the advice!

I've replied back to that form response... and have received another. Apparently by responding to the last one I have (somehow) lodged a complaint about their customer service which they are now processing.

I wonder how many times I have to keep replying before a real human being will ever actually READ the emails I'm sending.. never mind start to fix the problem. :confused:

5. OZMP macrumors 6502

there is a Blizz employee in this section, Rob Barriss i think his name is? helpful guy

6. whooleytoo thread starter macrumors 603

whooleytoo

Thanks, I'll take a look.

And I've since received a Customer Service survey from from Blizzard too! Let me see..

"Did the information provided by Billing Support resolve your issue to your satisfaction?"

Hmm, did 2 form emails about World of Warcraft help me download Starcraft? I'm going to have to go with "Not quite". :p

I'm starting to enjoy this. I wanted a game, but have got a hobby!

7. whooleytoo thread starter macrumors 603

whooleytoo

Ok, so I completed the customer service survey; trying to make it pefectly clear my problem still hasn't been fixed without criticising the support representative too much (don't want to get anyone in trouble).

There was an web form to submit an issue again, so.. why not! No point having a party if you don't invite everyone!! :p

So, two more form responses today. One, the generic Wow "everything you ever wanted to know about Wow, 'cos we ain't going to talk to you ourselves", and the other I just received sounds quite promising!!

It's actually (gasp!) about Starcraft! Could this be The One?

Ehh. No. The entire email was about technical problems installing on XP and Vista, not billing problems preventing installing on a Mac.

Close, but no cigar, as ol' William Clinton might say.

I hate to say it, but I'm actually starting to enjoy this! Who'd have thought customer care queries could be so much fun!

8. whooleytoo thread starter macrumors 603

whooleytoo

Thursday, September 25. :)

Two more emails from Blizzard. The first, another customer satisfaction survey. Been there, done that, may pass this time.

I replied back to yesterday's email stating (as nicely and politely as I could) that while I appreciated his help, my problem seems to be a billing issue with Starcraft for the Mac (as highlighted by the "Mac" in the email subject), so Windows technical help wasn't likely to resolve it.

So he replied today... with an identical email, about technical problems on Windows. Except... he deleted the "Mac" from the email subject! Haha.

Weirder and weirder!

I asked for a refund, so I could try buying again from the European store, but since no one is actually reading any of my emails, I'm not sure there's any point. :p

Let's see what happens tomorrow................

9. imassents macrumors 6502

I know this is a sales issue, but maybe try emailing macsupport@blizzard.com. You'll find humans on the end there (it also has no auto reply feature). You could explain that you are getting nowhere using the correct methods. Maybe they could forward you to the correct department or at least point you in the right direction.

10. redsteven macrumors 6502a

redsteven

If you're getting the customer support service SURVEYS then I think that indicates that a support ticket has been closed. You should get one of those each time a tech support issue is completed and the support guy closes the ticket.

Strange that you've never heard from them about your actual questoin.

11. whooleytoo thread starter macrumors 603

whooleytoo

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that address.

I'll try that and see how I get on. I might not be the right address, but at least if someone reads the email, there's a chance someone might do something.

Thanks again!

12. whooleytoo thread starter macrumors 603

whooleytoo

Woohoo!

Finally got through to a human in Blizzard, who suggested creating a new user account to get the downloader to work. I was quite sceptical, but sure enough with a squeaky clean new account the downloader works fine.

Only took 2 weeks and a dozen emails back 'n' forth to finally get my game too.. ;)

13. Rivix macrumors 6502a

Rivix

I had a similar problem about downloading the game. I would always get an "you are unauthorized to download this game" or something of the like.

What i did was clear my Safari cookies and cache. Don't know how, but it worked after I did that.