do bluetooth hands free car kits work with iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fyrmedic, Jan 22, 2008.

1. fyrmedic macrumors member

Does anybody use an AFTERMARKET hands free car kit with their Iphone.

can you voice dial with the car kit?

2. m477h3w macrumors 6502

I can confirm that it works with my TomTom GO 510 sat nav in the UK, far better than any other phone I have had actually :D

3. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

It works fine with my wife's Sony Ericsson Bluetooth kit including voice dialing.

4. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Also works with the Garmin Nuvi 680 GPS with all firmware versions except 1.1.3. This is only with the handsfree features.

5. fyrmedic thread starter macrumors member

help the uneducated

Just some background I am close to purchasing an Iphone. I know the phone itself does not support hands free dialing. I have heard in the forums of people using there built in car phone bluetooth with the Iphone. Am I correct in assuming that some after market "hands free" kits will allow voice dial with the Iphone? Is there something I should look at under the specs of the various car kits out there that would tell me if I could hands free dial with an Iphone?

Thanks again for all the great help I have received so far from this forum:D