Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

todesto

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 5, 2015
Fullerton, CA
If you have Apple Watch 3 LTE, when someone calls, does apple watch and iphone ring at the same time even though you only have the watch and left phone at home?

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
Interesting question. I’d imagine no. When the watch disconnects from iPhone & you’re wearing it it should ring on the watch alone.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I don't know about that. But what I know is phone and apple watch will both receive a phone call. You can answer from either your watch or from your phone. Both will ring. However, there is a chance that if you answer your call from your phone, your watch will also "connect" even though it should not. I had a ghost call on my watch a few weeks ago and it last 35 min long after I hang up the same call from my phone.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
Interesting question.
Having 4 watches, 2 with LTE, let’s call them LTE 1 and 2.
If LTE 2 was the last watch connected to the phone and is on the charger that phone will not ring.
Now quite the opposite for LTE 1. Since it was not connected to the phone AND ON WIFI it has been known to ring.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.