Do CTO orders with HR AG display take longer?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tka, Apr 6, 2011.

1. tka macrumors newbie

I've ordered two systems in the last few weeks...

1st system: 15" 2.0 GHz MBP with the standard resolution glossy display. During the order process, Apple estimated 1-3 days to ship. The system actually shipped the same day I placed the order after 3-4 hours

2nd system: 15" 2.2 GHz MBP with HR AG display and SSD. During the order process, Apple estimated 1-3 days to ship. It's now been 3 days since I placed the order and the system hasn't shipped yet.

In both cases, the system was ordered early in the week.

Just curious if others' orders with the HR AG or SSD options have taken a bit longer before shipping.

Thanks.

2. johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    my CTO 17" with 500gb 7200rpm took a week to deliver from date order placed
    the online shipping was a joke, item was marked as in transit to uk
    then next day it was marked at uk distribution centre back to in transit to uk
    i called apple on 30/3/11 who claimed that the item was still on schedule for the 7th April and had not arrived to the uk yet, the trackin online was wrong
    this call was made at 12-45pm
    UPS delivered the item to my apt at 12-30 and handed it to the concierge, despite me informing the sales assistant for delivery to be made directly to my apt, and only i can sign for it.
    UPS finally sent me an e-mail saying they had received the item and will ship on 30/3/11 between 9am-1pm, this e-mail was sent 2 days after they received..:rolleyes:
    but was so excited i got my MBP a week early, from estimated date of delivery i could not be asked making a complaint

3. zedtech78 macrumors newbie

My CTO 17" HR AG, 128SSD MBP should be arriving at my place tomorrow (I ordered it late last Wednesday). So it would be an exact week from order to delivery since my order wouldn't have been processed until Thursday morning.

It was shipped out on Saturday, Apr. 2 from China and as we speak, it has left Louisville, KY (that's the last UPS tracking scan thus far).

4. tka thread starter macrumors newbie

Cool, I ordered it the same exact way and also ordered the 8 GB memory upgrade from OWC.

5. Blackforge macrumors 6502

Ordered my 15 HR AG MBP in my signature on 3/28. Prepped for shipment within 4-5 hours. Shipped on Monday. Received it on 3/31.

It looks like the SSD drive may have been what held it up instead.

6. AFPoster macrumors 65816

I payed 18$ extra to get mine within 2-3 days of order since I needed mine asap. Got it on the 3rd day at 9am.

7. Leslie Tan macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F191 Safari/6533.18.5)

I ordered the glossy and ag (both on hi res 512 ssd 2.3ghz 8 gb ram) at different time and both of them arrived after 6 business days. Thats from shanghai to sydney. I believe its very subjective but it shouldnt take longer than a week. However, my gf mba13 cto ultimate arrive in 3 business days from shanghai as well. So i would say 3-7 business days.

8. iMackPro macrumors 6502

my CTO was shipped in 24 hours until i added a SSD. boo! i had HR and 8 Ram shipping in 24 hours then after i added a SSD it went to 2-3 bus days =\