do developers get 3.0 for free?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dccorona, Jun 21, 2009.

1. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

Hi
    First of all, I looked, and couldn't find anywhere else to post this.
    I am a registered developer (paid) and I do my work with my iPhone. But my dad has an iPod touch. I was wondering if, since I'm a registered developer, if I can register his UUID and get him 3.0 for free, so that he can test some apps along with me (and also, its fathers day. what a great present that'd make!)

anyone know if this is how it works? Or do devs have to pay for their software updates along with their $100 yearly fees?

2. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Developers can register their own and related iPhones/Touches, and then download the latest OS builds for each. If you're a developer you should know this.

3. dccorona thread starter macrumors 68020

dccorona

ive never done work with a touch...just an iPhone, and I havnt done much digging around in the dev portal to see if theres any documentation.

The 3.0 OS build is no longer on the dev page, since its publicly available now.
    So registering the UUID would then allow me to download it in iTunes for free?

4. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

iPod touches don't have IMEI numbers. Only cellular devices have IMEI numbers.

The only way to uniquely identify an iPod is by its serial number.

5. dccorona thread starter macrumors 68020

dccorona

oops
    i meant UUID. I edited it so its fixed now
    but iPod Touches DO have UUIDs along with their serial numbers, and this is the number you register on your dev portal