Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zombie Acorn

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
This may seem a bit weird, but I noticed my dog always lays on my pillow like a human would anytime it lays down when I am at the computer working. I find this to be somewhat disturbing and strange. Is this a learned trait from the dog watching me, or did it know instinctively? How did humans learn to use a pillow?

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA
Well the pillow was invented as a form of keeping your head raised (As that is the natural curve of a normal body), so when somebody sold it, I'm sure they told the other person how to use it.

jackiecanev2

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2007
Wirelessly posted (BB 8900: BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.250 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/301)

My dog lays her head on the pillow, lays her ass on the pillow, leaves her head hanging off, sleeps upsidedown... I think its just whatever is comfortable at the moment.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I used to wonder about that too. Before we got a proper pillow for our dog, she used to rest her head on the edge of the basket like a pillow.
Infact a couple of years back she used my Xbox in the living room (acting as a media centre) as one. Actually yes! I have a photo-

14.jpg

Zombie Acorn

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I used to wonder about that too. Before we got a proper pillow for our dog, she used to rest her head on the edge of the basket like a pillow.
Infact a couple of years back she used my Xbox in the living room (acting as a media centre) as one. Actually yes! I have a photo-

14.jpg

priceless ahhaha

imaketouchtheme

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2007
Well, after an arousing game of croquet, my dog enjoys to sip on some tea before taking an afternoon nap in his master bedroom where he sleeps with a feather pillow and cotton comforter. Once he awakes via alarm on his iPhone, he then proceeds to take a nice stroll in the park which he does everyday. After that, he returns to his nest to cook dinner for the family. Usually, it consists of filet mignon and strawberry daiquiris. Once he finishes preparing our meals, he proceeds to do his nightly reading before going into his slumber.

dogz r srs bsns

imaketouchtheme

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2007
Your dog cooks up and eats his followers and underlings?

Now that's a tough dog.

:D

And out of all that, you noticed my one incorrectly spelled word.

wuld it of ben bttr if i typd lik dis wuld u of notcd it

In all seriousness, FireFox informed me that "mignon" was spelled incorrectly so I just erased it and spelled it another way, in which it told me was correct. Apparently, "mignon" is incorrect, whilst "Mignon" is correct. :rolleyes:

Zombie Acorn

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
And out of all that, you noticed my one incorrectly spelled word.

wuld it of ben bttr if i typd lik dis wuld u of notcd it

In all seriousness, FireFox informed me that "mignon" was spelled incorrectly so I just erased it and spelled it another way, in which it told me was correct. Apparently, "mignon" is incorrect, whilst "Mignon" is correct. :rolleyes:

I can actually vouch for that, I was talking about steak the other day and it didn't like mignon

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
mine would put her butt on the pillows... ewwww! lol! sadly she no longer jumps on the bed (her choice/age... not ours... our pets have always been allowed on the furniture/bed)

we bought our dogs dog-bone shaped pillows and they'used to use them! too cute!!!!

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
My Boston Terrier. We have two that both sleep under the covers. :rolleyes:

Heh, I used to put covers over my dog too (the one earlier in the thread). Still do the same for my grans dog when I look after her. Figured that if they were too hot they'd just push them off, but she keeps hers on until the morning so she must like being kept warm under them :D.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
My dog likes to lick her, uh, private areas, a lot. I swear, she did not learn that from any one else in this household :D

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Of course it's instinct. Just like they know what to do with fire hydrants. I don't think they "learned" that behavior from watching us. At least not anyone in my neighborhood.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.