Do half downloaded programs take up space??

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by STC, May 25, 2008.

1. STC macrumors 6502a

I've tried many times trying to intall "iblackjack" tonight. I either got a "Main script execution failed" or "Pack download failed" error. I gave up after 30 mins of trying to download this game.

Anyways, my question do all these attempts at dl'ing (because they did dl part way or all the way until they couldnt open up) take up space or memory?

I'm on 1.1.4 btw.

thx!

2. wyatt23 macrumors 6502a

wyatt23

i'm going to go with yes. when you download things, (unless the package manager cleans up the temp files) those files are going to continue to be around somewhere.

3. STC thread starter macrumors 6502a

How do you clean up the temp files?

4. Romainf macrumors member

I do have the same issues as you, but unfortunately have no answer!!

I am interested to know though!! anyone????

5. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Also what about half encoded/transcoded video/sound files? Usually they dissappear from the desktop once encoding has been cancelled. Where does the resulting incomplete file go?

6. STC thread starter macrumors 6502a

I guess something like this only happened to the 2 of us. :confused:

7. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I'd guess that it has happened to more people, but perhaps they don't care as much? I mean, we are often times talking about a couple hundred kilobytes. I haven't ever worried about the failed downloads, as I can't imagine them taking up more than the room of a handful of songs.

8. STC thread starter macrumors 6502a

I would agree w/ you if we have full access to the 4, 8, or 16G, but we dont.
    I read on this board that there is only like 300mg available for apps (on 1.1.4). And if you dont have bosstools to move apps over to the other partition, then you can fill it up quickly.