Do I bring my iPad and MBP on vacation?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Maxpej, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Maxpej macrumors newbie

I'm going to California, driving from Phoenix, AZ for 5 days. I own an iPhone 4, iPad 2, and MacBook Pro (2011). I am for sure bringing my iPhone, obviously, and iPad. BUT should I carry my MBP too just to ensure I have all my toys for their purpose? I just use my computer for school work, but i'm on break, and I use it for download music and Mac App Store, email, FaceBook etc. My iPad can do most of everything I would need and my Netflix etc. What would you do? iPad go solo, or iPad and MBP powerhouse combo on vaction. HELP!
    :apple:

2. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

How about you take your mom? She can help you make a decision.

3. gregrose macrumors 6502

4. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

5. vsighi macrumors 6502

vsighi

6. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

When I'm on vacation I take both my iPad and MBP of course I take thousands of pictures and need to export them to the MBP to free up space for more pictures. I don't use the MBP for anything else on vacation.

7. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

Hopefully, someday, you'll have a "cloudy" holiday.

8. RadicalxEdward macrumors 6502

RadicalxEdward

I'd say skip the laptop. doesn't sound like you'd be doing much with it and that way there's less risk of it getting broken/stolen. Just one less thing to worry about.

Only thing you won't really be able to do is sync your devices, but that shouldn't be such a big deal for such a short period of time, especially if you have stuff like netflix to tide you over for content

9. mytran80 macrumors regular

Can't you export the pics to the iPad via camera connection kit? Or jailbreak the iPad and export pics to a USB stick too if need be

10. robo456 macrumors 6502

robo456

What happened to the days when you go on vacation to 'escape' everything? Bring a digital camera with a few gig memory card, leave everything else behind, and enjoy! :)

--rob

11. jrfive0 macrumors member

take everything ! it's your vacation, whatever makes it easier for ya !

12. deeddawg macrumors 604

Seriously. Plus cheap memory cards have spoiled many camera operators into shotgunning dozens of images of the same boring scene instead of taking a couple minutes to think through the best setup before pressing the shutter release. Used to be every exposure cost money so you thought about it a moment and didn't motor drive through a roll of film on the same scene. ;)

13. franmatt80 macrumors 6502a

I only ever take my iPad. Take a risk! You can always buy more memory cards if needed- have you got some online storage you could upload them to?