do i get a new warranty on my replaced ipod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by krnahn2, Jan 16, 2010.

1. krnahn2 macrumors newbie

so i just got this new ipod touch using the 1-year warranty i had on my old ipod touch. i exchanged it with about 6 months left of my warranty.

do i get another warranty on the new ipod touch that i just received?

thanks!:)

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Nope. You either get the remaining year, or 90 days. Which ever is more.

3. krnahn2 thread starter macrumors newbie

whichever is less? how is that fair?
    are you sure i dont get a brand new warranty?
    after all, my previous warranty was being used on a broken ipod touch due to manuacturing defects..

4. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

The PP is correct - you get 90 days on the new device, or the remainder of your 1 year. We just went thru this with DD's Nano - trying to decide if we were going to buy Apple Care before the year - it was replaced 2 weeks before the year. We decided against the AC when we found out that it had 90 days on it.

You can still buy Apple Care for it before the year runs out if you want, that gets you another year.

5. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

AppleCare gives you 2 more years after the first year. It gives you 3 years total on your device from the day it was purchased. So if I bought my device today, it would give me 1095 days of warranty from today. The first 365 days or 1 year is included at no charge.

EDIT: My apologies, AppleCare only gives you 2 years of warranty for iPods and Apple TVs, etc. For Mac computers, it's 3 years.