Do I have a bad screen?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MatrixPrime, Sep 21, 2007.

1. MatrixPrime macrumors regular

So my local Best Buy got some touch's in stock and I bought one. It is an 8GB with the Corinne Bailey Ray box cover.

So I loaded up Safari and did a google search for a Jay Z album cover...more specifically "Fade to Black" When viewed straight on I get a SLIGHT "negative black" effect, but if I tilt the ipod EVER SO SLIGHTLY, or move my head so that my eyes are not in a perfectly straight line with the screen, the image looks perfect.

So I guess the question is, for those with good screens, does the "negative black" effect still occur at angles or does it look perfect no matter what angle you hold it at? Does it sound like mine has the screen issue?

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

well, I see your struggle, its a defect device, get an exchange @ apple store, or return it to BB, wait 2 weeks then get a new one...

3. MatrixPrime thread starter macrumors regular

here are some pics of the Jay Z album

The first image is me slightly tilting the ipod

The second image is a straight on shot of the screen

Attached Files:

4. MatrixPrime thread starter macrumors regular

actually now that I've inspected the box...it is a week 38, despite not having the Macy Gray box.

5. matias1021 macrumors member

same with me, does that mean the screen is defective? .. are you always supposed to have a perfect screen despite the angle.

6. thirdeyeopen666 macrumors 6502

thirdeyeopen666

I'm in the same situation as you. This is my 5th unit... week 38 with a slight negative problem like you describe. At this point, I'm beginning to think this is normal. :(

7. cavemonkey50 macrumors 6502

I wouldn't be concerned if that occurs on the Jay-Z album cover. My MacBook Pro's display barely can display that cover without a negative. If it occurs on other images, then I would start worrying.

8. Mchain44 macrumors newbie

The one I bought today at a Best Buy is a week 38 and has no negative effects at any angle