Do i have a battery problem?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by AbcImpulse, Oct 31, 2010.

1. AbcImpulse macrumors newbie

Oct 31, 2010
    hi i just bought the ipod touch 4g about 2-3 weeks ago.
    i remember the website stating that it takes about 2 hrs to charge from 20% to 80%. i even downloaded battery doctor and when i did my full charge cycle and the timer said 1 and a half hours left, it only took about half and hour.
    my battery charges really fast and i think that means that my capacity is lower, please help on this and i am new to this forum so tell me if im doing anything wrong or if you need more details.. thanks!! :D
  2. supermassive macrumors regular

Sep 15, 2010
    Does your iPod bleep while charging? I mean, is it showing the unlock screen every now and then?

If it does, try changing the USB-port or cable. If that all doesn't help try a different computer or a wall-charger.
  3. ZuperBlahq macrumors newbie

Sep 4, 2010
    I have to admit that is pretty fast especially with the ipod touch 4's increased battery capacity. I can't definitively give an answer to the cause but i have battery doctor too and the results might be affected by the settings you have on for trickle charge and the app factoring in the time it takes to fully charge it. Then again, it's just an app. I say you should actually try testing out its lifespan. If it works fine then there's no cause for worry.