Do I have a chance at getting the full-discounted upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xTRIGGER092x, Oct 3, 2011.

1. xTRIGGER092x macrumors regular

It'll be a year since I bought my iPhone 4 on October 6, but AT&T's website says I don't get a full-discount upgrade until 6/05/12. Any chance of that being moved up in the next few days?

If it helps, my phone bill is also over $100/mo. I dunno if that upgrade "rule" still applies though.

2. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Probably not. If your upgrade date was still within 2011, I would bet yes, but not likely in your case.

3. irDigital0l Guest

4. xTRIGGER092x thread starter macrumors regular

Ah, well, damn.

I guess I'll just have to pay about $100 out of pocket after selling my iPhone 4 then.

5. dave006 macrumors 68020

Just a reminder: it is not the amount of your total monthly bill. Each phone line has a Month Recurring Charge (MRC) value based on the voice rate plan and "select" features. Also the MRC is calculated on a 3 month rolling average so just making a change for a single month does not have a dramatic impact.

Dave

6. Leewalker19 macrumors regular

I really don't understand how att determines eligibility for upgrades. I don't even want the 4S/5 or whatever it will be called because i'm wanting for the 6, but i purchased my iPhone 4 in July after it came out and my upgrade isn't until 3/2012...I just don't know why i don't have it for this yr since i pretty much have unlimited everything and 2 iPhones on my acct.

It's not a big deal i guess since I'm not getting this one, but i was just wandering is all.

7. dave006 macrumors 68020

It is pretty straight forward. It also appears that your have a FamilyTalk rate plan. That means that your primary link has the bulk of the rate plan and your secondary line starts at $9.00 + the iPhone data plan so at best that linke has a MRC of about $39.99. This means you are not going to be eligible for an full upgrade every year on that line.

I hope this helps explain the basic facts. Each line has a MRC and the higher the MRC the sooner you replay the subsidy and qualify for another full discount. Based on the dates you posted, it would appear that your line is the secondary line and that the 3/2012 is about right based on the lenght of your 2 year commitment you singed last year. :(

Dave

8. Alexs5 macrumors newbie

<_< seriously when you sign for a 2 year upgrade you don't do it so you can upgrade in a year you know <_<.

9. Leewalker19 macrumors regular

Thanks that was very helpful.

----------

I don't but it just annoys me when ppl get the phone the same time as me, but their eligibility gets moved up is all, but like i said its not a big deal because ill be ready for the 6 whenever it arrives.