Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vendettabass

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 8, 2006
Wellington, New Zealand
hey guys, just ran disk utility, and there seems to be a problem with my 120GB HD.

anything major to be worried about?

picture1ln5.png

WillJS

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2007
Try repairing the HD, and if it doesn't work from that window, use your OS X install discs.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
There has been a number of MacBooks with 120GB disks that has died. Not alarmingly high numbers, but too many to ignore completely.

I would have backed up whatever you can (you should always have current backup of all the data you cannot afford losing anyway) and then tried to repair the disk (boot from install disk or into single user mode and use fsck). Chances are there's nothing seriously wrong and the volume header is fixed easily (and that's not a serious error to begin with), but it could also be a (rare) case of an early warning...

vendettabass

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 8, 2006
Wellington, New Zealand
cheers for the replies guys, doesnt sound so major judging from that link, but I'll re-back up my major stuff anyway. I'll be getting a 250GB HD soon anyway, hope that lasts longer than this one!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.