Do I have a faulty SSD or is it a software issue?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by .macbookpro., Dec 20, 2014.

1. .macbookpro. macrumors regular

Hello everyone
    It's been a while since I last posted about my MacBook Pro. Last month, I bought a 512GB SSD, then I got the battery replaced by Apple.
    Today, I try to connect my iPad to my macbook, and it doesn't recognise it. I try to connect my iPhone, same thing. So I turn off my laptop, and when I turn it back on, a 'no entry' sign appear after the progress bar gets to about ¼.
    So I disconnect my iPad, and restart it. Same thing. I boot into recovery, my SSD is recognised, it's mounted, and I repair disk. No issues. But it still won't start.
    I'm thinking it's going to be a software issue. But I just want to see if anyone else had similar issues?

2. Bruno09 macrumors 68020

Hello,

from the recovery , repair the permissions.

Then, reboot in safe mode (Shift key hold down on chime).

Does it start in safe mode ?

3. .macbookpro. thread starter macrumors regular

It doesn't. I'm going to open it up to make sure the SSD is connected properly then I'll try again. If it still doesn't work I'll restore from new

4. Significant1 macrumors 6502

It sounds to me that replacing the battery has caused your pram to be reset. In case you are using Trim-enabler and Yosemite, a pram reset will reenable kext signing requirement. You need to disable that in recovery to proceed. See the description on trim-enabler homepage, about how to do that:
    http://www.cindori.org/trim-enabler-and-yosemite/