Do I have a GPU issue? (rMBP 13" maxed with photoshop cc)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by daikw, Dec 14, 2013.

1. daikw, Dec 14, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2013

daikw macrumors newbie

I just installed photoshop CC and started work:

When I am using a brush a black box flickers around the box as I move it across the screen.

It seems to be worse the larger the brush, the more zoomed in I am, and when I use my wacom bamboo.

When I use the wacom sometimes Apple-Z stops working (as in, it doesn't undo anything. I have to click on the image first (kind of like the shortcut siezes up temporarily ))

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Furthermore, when I do Photomerge to hdr the image preview glitches out like this:

[​IMG]

I am using a rMbp 13" late 2013 with maxed out upgrades

[​IMG]

I read about GPU issues and looked at the apple updates website but when I try and install one I get this message,[​IMG]

is this because I already have these updates automatically added though the app store? according to the appstore I have no updates available to me at present:

Another potential issue is that when I am previewing jpegs (9-10mb) each preview seems to take 1 second to load. This seems a bit slow for a maxed out rMbp don't you think?

Thanks in advance

2. daikw thread starter macrumors newbie

I noticed that when running diagnostics (during the results in safari) I was getting this anomaly when scrolling, also the text was redrawing truncated when scrolling up and down. It doesn't seem to do this normally, anyone know why?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MdpFeBLsJ8&sns=em

3. psik macrumors 6502

Wow, have no idea what that could be man, but either looks like a defect or just POOR work from apple...i'd be interested in knowing what that is. my slow perhaps close to passing away 2006 macbook on snow leopard has never had such an issue...

4. daikw thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm, its strange that it only does it after running diagnostics and not during normal operation. Anyone know why that might be?