Do I have a Hi Res screen?

Big Stevie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2012
UK
How can I check if my new macbook has a Hi Res screen?

Just this minute purchased my very first macbook pro and I was a little overwhelmed when making the purchase, so much so that Im not sure if the sales assistant heard me when I requested the glossy hi res screen.

Now I've got it home, how do I check?

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
Go to system preferences, then displays if it's running Lion it should tell you the resolution (1680x1050 for the 15" is high res). If it's running Mountain Lion, click scaled and it should tell you the resolution.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
How can I check if my new macbook has a Hi Res screen?

Just this minute purchased my very first macbook pro and I was a little overwhelmed when making the purchase, so much so that Im not sure if the sales assistant heard me when I requested the glossy hi res screen.

Now I've got it home, how do I check?
 > About This Mac > Displays

Big Stevie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2012
UK
OK, thanks. I asked for a hi res anti glare but the sales girl said the apple stores (UK) only carry hi res glossy screens, so I settled for that. Looks like I'm taking it back tomorrow and this machine will soon become a refurb for someone:(

I hope the UK stores stock the hi res glossy screens or Ill have to reorder online. Not a good start to my intro into the apple world :rolleyes:

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Not a good start to my intro into the apple world:roll eyes:
It has nothing to to with the "Apple world". It's a buyer's responsibility to make sure they're getting what they asked for, just like making sure the products they buy are in the bag before they walk out of the store.

Big Stevie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2012
UK
It has nothing to to with the "Apple world". It's a buyer's responsibility to make sure they're getting what they asked for, just like making sure the products they buy are in the bag before they walk out of the store.
I did ask her to confirm it was a hi res screen, to which she said yes, but it was a noisy store and I couldnt always hear what she was saying, and I had a hundred questions I wanted to ask. So I think I did all I could. Just a simple mistake on her part I guess. But when your spending £1500 you want it all to go smoothly.