Do I have a Hi Res screen?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Big Stevie, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Big Stevie macrumors 6502a

Big Stevie

How can I check if my new macbook has a Hi Res screen?

Just this minute purchased my very first macbook pro and I was a little overwhelmed when making the purchase, so much so that Im not sure if the sales assistant heard me when I requested the glossy hi res screen.

Now I've got it home, how do I check?

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Go to system preferences, then displays if it's running Lion it should tell you the resolution (1680x1050 for the 15" is high res). If it's running Mountain Lion, click scaled and it should tell you the resolution.

3. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Click on system preferences > display

then select scaled and it should have 1680X1050.

I have the same screen.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

 > About This Mac > Displays

5. Big Stevie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Big Stevie

6. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

It's not the hi resolution model then. Apple Stores don't typically stock the high res glossy MacBook Pros, you usually have to custom order them online.

7. Big Stevie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Big Stevie

OK, thanks. I asked for a hi res anti glare but the sales girl said the apple stores (UK) only carry hi res glossy screens, so I settled for that. Looks like I'm taking it back tomorrow and this machine will soon become a refurb for someone:(

I hope the UK stores stock the hi res glossy screens or Ill have to reorder online. Not a good start to my intro into the apple world :rolleyes:

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It has nothing to to with the "Apple world". It's a buyer's responsibility to make sure they're getting what they asked for, just like making sure the products they buy are in the bag before they walk out of the store.

9. Big Stevie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Big Stevie

I did ask her to confirm it was a hi res screen, to which she said yes, but it was a noisy store and I couldnt always hear what she was saying, and I had a hundred questions I wanted to ask. So I think I did all I could. Just a simple mistake on her part I guess. But when your spending £1500 you want it all to go smoothly.