Do I have a reason for exchange?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RoscoeUA, Aug 10, 2010.

1. RoscoeUA macrumors member

RoscoeUA

I've had normal use out of my iPhone 4 but I've noticed my pictures are turning out blurry due to bad focus and I'm certain its attributed to the large amounts of scratches on the round plastic cover that covers the lens. Any ideas?

2. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

I doubt you can get an exchange unless those scratches were on the lens right out of the box. Otherwise any damage to the phone through normal use would be considered your fault and Apple is in no way obligated to exchange your phone.

3. RoscoeUA thread starter macrumors member

RoscoeUA

I just feel that they failed me before 30 days making the camera very hard to use

4. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

If it's been less than 30 days since you purchased the phone I think you can still return it for a full refund but in terms of an exchange I doubt that would happen.

5. Space Moose macrumors member

So, you think they'll give him all his money back and let him walk out of the store, but they wouldn't allow him to simply get a new phone?

Go get your exchange, they'll be glad to keep your money.

6. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

No one here can say for sure what Apple will or won't do. The best thing to do is make an appointment with Apple and get them to look at it for you.

7. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

+1

8. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

First, your lens isn't scrathed. The lens is covered by a clear housing, your housing is scratched and should have zero affect on the pictures....sounds to me you have shaky hands and cant take a decent pic....I have scratches all on my iphone 4 camera cover, yet i take awesome photos

9. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

dear Honda I can't drive my car because of all the scratches I put on the windshield and now I can't see *****. please replace my car for a brand new one

10. RoscoeUA thread starter macrumors member

RoscoeUA

Just to give an update. Walked in the Apple Store in Birmingham. They took some pictures with the phone. Looked at the back and gave me a brand new phone. I was in and out in under 10 minutes. Great service. They chalked the bad pictures up to two reasons. 1. Focus problems from the overly scratched lens cover 2. The inner lens was foggy for some reason with no water damage indication.