Do I have abnormal ears?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dontwalkhand, Aug 6, 2010.

1. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I am trying to use the Apple headphones that came with my iPhone, but they absolutely REFUSE to stay in my ear. The Apple Bluetooth headset I can't even use because it just falls right out.

Sometimes I feel like I have abnormal ears....Has anyone had any luck with getting these to stay in? When I told my friends, they said the Apple headphones stay in their ears fine, and that I have abnormal ears.

2. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

It's pretty common for people to find that they can't keep headphones in their ears (either one ear or both).

I used to have a lot of problems with keeping the iPod earbuds in my left ear, but now it's fine.

3. Slip Jigs macrumors 6502a

My left ear is the one that can't keep the bud in, the right ear is OK.

4. MaxxTraxx macrumors 6502

No, Apple's supplied earphones are terrible. Terrible.

I'd recommended Shure in-ears. Great sound quality and very comfortable!

5. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

Maybe you just have big ears... I mean bigger ears than your friend.

Because my tragus is a bit smaller on my right ear, my earbud can sometimes fall out when running or move my head fast.

6. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

I use a large size headphone cover for right and a medium for left for a decent fit.

7. Marfox macrumors newbie

Marfox

Yea i had that problem to and it gets annoying so i just went to the apple store and bought the In-Ear Headphones :)

8. colourtheatre macrumors regular

same problem here too. they used to make bigger earphones i'm pretty sure. my iPod mini headphones fit perfectly. cost cutting or consumer base of a different market perhaps? :S

9. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

How could anyone possibly think they're the ONLY one on the planet for whom the Apple earbuds don't fit? Does this really require a question or any answers?

And the second question, "has anyone had any luck getting them to stay in?"??? No. No one. Apple has just been making them that shape for almost 10 years because they fit no one.

10. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

Same for me. I wouldn't go so far as to say they are terrible. In terms of sound reproduction, they are far from having great fidelity but are just as far from being horrible.

But I can't ever get the damn things to stay in my ears either. I had Apple's In-Ear Buds for about 4 months, until I left them in a hotel room in San Fran, and was pretty impressed. I thought they were one of the best valued products Apple has ever offered, easily surpassing their $79 price tag. On par with $100-$130 Shures and Vibes, IMO.

11. appleguy123 macrumors 604

appleguy123

If I wear the headphones in the opposite ears of where they should go they fit fine.

12. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

That's a great tip. Definitely helps.

13. fairoasis macrumors member

I solved this by buying the white covers with the grey tips. Can't remember off hand who makes them, but I did get them at Best Buy.

14. cfernandes macrumors regular

cfernandes

I've had problems with earbuds ever since the first iPod came out. I've been seriously considering buying Apple's In-Ear headphones but the price tag is pretty steep. :(

15. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

pics of the abnormal ears or it never happened

16. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

Go get some of those noise reduction headphones or whatever they're called. I have a pair of Sennheiser's and love them.

17. Schweitzer macrumors regular

Even better:
    get those other headphones (don't know what they're called), I have a pair of those! Great!

18. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

19. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

20. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

That sucks, guess I won't be using my case then once I get it.