do I have my airport extreme set up right?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by wedge234, Apr 20, 2008.

1. wedge234 macrumors member

I'm having some intermittent internet connectivity issues between my airport extreme and my penryn macbook. At times there won't be any internet at all, where at other times there's a long delay in websites coming up. We have our network configured like so:

We're in a multi-unit house, so we have to split the internet connection. We have the modem in the garage hooked up to a wired router. The ethernet hooks into an ethernet port in our unit, to which we have the airport extreme connected. Configuration wise, I have the airport configured in bridge mode, and the wired router set to handle the DHCP duties. Am I missing something else in my configuration?

2. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Are you having signal issues or are you connected to the airport and it just doesn't have net access?

3. wedge234 thread starter macrumors member

It seems like it's internet access. It happens to have the most problems when more than one computer is connected to it. I started messing around in the airport utility and I maxed out the multicast rate. That seemed to do the trick, I think, because the connectivity issues are gone.