Do I have poor battery? Screenshot included

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by onne2slick, Nov 10, 2012.

1. onne2slick macrumors regular

[​IMG]

I find my macbook pro (mid 2010 model) to only last for about 4 hours of usage.
    If that is normal, could I ask Apple Care to replace it under warranty anyways?

2. ConCat, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012

ConCat macrumors 6502a

ConCat

it has degraded a bit, but it's perfectly fine. If that's the same battery you had when you bought your computer, then you should get a year or so before you want to think about replacing it.

The real issue is; at some point, the battery will start to not hold enough charge to get you through the day. Once that's the case, then you definitely would want to replace it, but that's highly subjective. As things stand, it should last about as long as it did when you purchased it, minus up to an hour perhaps, but these things are supposed to last 7 under average conditions. Again, I wouldn't worry.

3. canderton macrumors member

Your battery is fine. Your computer is 2.5 years old, the battery will degrade over time whether you use it or not.

My mid-2010 15'' currently has 514 cycles with 84% health left and it hasn't even been properly conditioned for at least 5 months.