Do I have to buy Apple Music if I am a Beat Music subscriber?

Heat4Lyfe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2015
Apple Music keeps asking if I'm a Beats Music subscriber and when I click it it just takes me to a panel that says I will have a 3 month free trial. I can't get a clear answer on this. I paid for a year of Beats music service and i don't feel I should have to pay for Apple Music again before that time is up.

porkrind

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2015
I subscribed to Beats through my AT&T account. When I went through the the process to move to Apple Music yesterday, I saw an almost immediate refund of the pro-rated remainder of my Beats subscription.

Heat4Lyfe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2015
I subscribed to Beats through my AT&T account. When I went through the the process to move to Apple Music yesterday, I saw an almost immediate refund of the pro-rated remainder of my Beats subscription.
How was the process for you? Like can you go step by step if it's not too much trouble? I would like refund as well.

porkrind

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2015
How was the process for you? Like can you go step by step if it's not too much trouble? I would like refund as well.
Well, here's how I recall it. I logged into Beats and it asked me if I wanted to transfer my account. I clicked yes, the was directed to open Apple Muisic. I did, and logged in there. That was it. The refund was processed automatically without me asking.

Heat4Lyfe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2015
Well, here's how I recall it. I logged into Beats and it asked me if I wanted to transfer my account. I clicked yes, the was directed to open Apple Muisic. I did, and logged in there. That was it. The refund was processed automatically without me asking.
Did you click the Jon Apple Music panel where it said 9.99/month? I don't see any area where I just log in right now. I don't want to click on that without knowing what's going to happen.

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
Did you click the Jon Apple Music panel where it said 9.99/month? I don't see any area where I just log in right now. I don't want to click on that without knowing what's going to happen.
Open the Beats Music app.

porkrind

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2015
yup, that was it.

Heat4Lyfe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2015
oh okay so is that message at the bottom where it says x amount of dollars will be added to my apple ID the refund?