General Do I have to change root and mobile password

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by navodwickra, Jul 11, 2014.

1. navodwickra macrumors 6502

navodwickra

I am bit new to iOS jailbreaking but very much familiar with Android root(pretty much the same thing)

On Android there is a super user app which controls all the root access required apps. But on iOS as far as I know there is no such thing. So my question is even if I do not install Open SSH do I still have to change my root and mobile user account passwords?

Can any app access anything in the file system if I don't change the default passwords?

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Gaining access without having installed OpenSSH is always possible, but it's the same risk as if you were stock.

It's only when you do install OpenSSH that you really want to change those passwords. Because at that point you have a security hole so big anything could happen.

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You should still change your passwords. If you install a malicious program, it can try to gain direct root access with the default passwords and the replicate itself to other jailbroken devices.

4. navodwickra thread starter macrumors 6502

navodwickra

Thanks both. I did change them anyway, why risk it when you can prevent it by changing password ;)