Do I have to enable fusion drive again if I return my iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Erdbeertorte, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Erdbeertorte macrumors demi-goddess

Erdbeertorte

Hey,

I disabled the fusion drive on my new iMac and now I am thinking of returning it, because 10.11.1 is more buggy than any beta of El Capitan before and I am not able to install an older version on it.

Does anybody know if I have to recreate the fusion drive before sending it back and/or if Apple charges me a fee for not doing that?

I have just two days left for testing if 10.11.2 is working without any annoying issues.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

2. surf2snow1 macrumors regular

I would just to be safe, but you can always call your local Apple Store and ask them.

3. ericv macrumors regular

I returned a 27" iMac on day 14 of the return window because the new late '15 iMacs came out. They didn't even look in the box. I even forgot to give them the power cable and left my after market memory in the computer. I went back a couple days later and got the memory, they didn't want the cable.

4. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

Same here, I did exactly the same thing and they didn't check the box at all. They certainly won't care about the drive config.

5. Brewing macrumors newbie

I returned an iPhone 6s Plus because it was just too big for my small hands. I have multiple lightning cords around the house, I wasn't sure which one was the original. When I returned it he commented that it wasn't the original, but they said don't worry about it. Drought they are going to look or care about the drive.

6. laragheast macrumors member

Hi
    I know this is a side question but now did you split the fusion drive , I followed the instructions from the Macworld guide but the hdd would not unmount , any help would much appreciated . Thank you

7. Erdbeertorte thread starter macrumors demi-goddess

Erdbeertorte

Thank you everyone for your answers. I also think Apple does not really care about the drive configuration. At the moment the most annoying bug, that I was permanently asked for my iCloud password, seems to be gone since I updated to 10.11.2.

I just booted El Capitan from an external drive and used two commands in the terminal which I found somewhere. I can't exactly remember where I got it from. It was much easier than I thought.