Do I have to pay again?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kingofqueens, Apr 21, 2010.

1. kingofqueens macrumors newbie

Guys I just downloaded the 3.0 update for my iTouch, now my brother wants it as well. So does he need to pay for it as well or can we just share our account like people do with the paid apps?

Thank you in advance!
    Cheers.

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

:rolleyes: yes he would have to pay for it. If he didn't then this would be called stealing.

3. kingofqueens thread starter macrumors newbie

even if the computer was authorized? I mean this is a very common thing with paid apps..and I wouldn't consider it to be "stealing" if apple themselves are allowing the feature of authorizing 5 computers with the same itunes account :rolleyes:

Cheers.

4. kingofqueens thread starter macrumors newbie

oh ok ..this post makes more sense than the other two >_>

Same account = same library of purchases.

and you can relax now I'm not trying to steal or put Apple into bankruptcy or anything :rolleyes:

Posted from my MBP.

5. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

When I updated my 2nd gen touch and my daughters 1st gen which uses the same account I was only charged once for the update.

6. a9205 macrumors member

yes you can!

forget them, you should just use the os from your computer to update your ipods os.
    if apple had there way you wouldn't even have to pay for the update in the first place.
    im sure if you paid $200 for an os and you could install it on your siblings computer as well as yours, you wouldn't buy the os twice.
    just do it