Do I have to quit iTunes every-time I add something?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by nlivo, Apr 22, 2008.

1. nlivo macrumors 6502a

I stream all my content to my appletv from my iMac. I am constantly adding movies and new tv episodes (daily). Whenever I add a movie (or TV episode) I always have to quit iTunes for them to show up on my appletv. Is this the case for everyone else? It never happened before AppleTV 2.0!!!! Is there a way for me to not have to do this??? Thanks.

2. kolax macrumors G3

3. MikieMikie macrumors 6502a

Just hit the sync now button in iTunes and your new titles should appear on your :apple:TV. (Quitting and restarting iTunes does just this.)

4. nlivo thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hmmm, is your situation similar to mine? Do you just stream all your content? I have it synced to my iMac but all the content I have synced is photos. I just have it synced so it shows up in "My Movies" etc on the appletv.

5. iowamensan macrumors 6502

I stream everything... I only have to hit "Sync" to get new content to show on the :apple:TV.

6. nlivo thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks guys. I did like not having to hit sync at all back in the 1.0 days but I guess I can put up with one click. Thanks.

7. kolax macrumors G3

Yeah sorry, I hit the sync button too otherwise the content list won't be updated on the Apple TV.

8. Oilbrnr macrumors 6502

I have the most recent 10 movies sync'd, and I notice that once MetaX gets done copying the file into iTunes, the sync starts automagicly. You might want to select at least one most recent movie to avoid the manual initiation.

9. DJAKO macrumors 6502a

I don't have anything synced to my ATV, so when I add a new movie, I just click the sync. Nothing gets moved over and the new movies show up on the ATV.