Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bli625

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 8, 2009
I have a Moshi Palmguard on my MacBook Pro right now. Should I remove it before sending it to Applecare? They're going to take a look at my trackpad so I don't want them to send it back saying the Palmguard was the cause of the problem.

gumbyx84

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2008
Just peel it carefully from one side of the case. It should come off without leaving a residue. Place it on wax paper and weight it down with something heavy and flat. That should keep the adhesive from drying out.

Be warned that palmgurad will have some funny looking spots on it depending on lighting. This is normal and just stress marks from removing the palmguard (I had this happen to mine when I was putting mine on my MBP and removed it to re-position it).

bli625

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 8, 2009
Just peel it carefully from one side of the case. It should come off without leaving a residue. Place it on wax paper and weight it down with something heavy and flat. That should keep the adhesive from drying out.

Be warned that palmgurad will have some funny looking spots on it depending on lighting. This is normal and just stress marks from removing the palmguard (I had this happen to mine when I was putting mine on my MBP and removed it to re-position it).

I managed to get the part covering the palmrest off. But any tips for removing the trackpad piece?

donga

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2005
AZ
any luck taking the trackpad piece off?

mine worked for a week/two and then all of a sudden responsiveness went way down today

donga

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2005
AZ
right, i'm in the same boat, i just want some advice in the best way to take it off. any suggestions?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.