Do I have to restore my touch to get 1.1.3?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by jlyanks85, Jan 16, 2008.

1. jlyanks85 macrumors 6502a

Since I'm jailbroke my ipod, in which it's at the 1.1.1 firmware, I was wondering if I do decide to just stick with a non hacked ipod and go to 1.1.3, do I have to restore my touch to factory default settings before I do the update? Or can I just update it without restoring?

2. butyouman macrumors newbie

You are gana need to restore it but why do u want just a noraml ipod ull be missing so much.

3. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

If you have jailbroken the iPod then it is advisable to restore the iPod to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 and then do an update to 1.1.3
    However, if you decide to downgrade to 1.1.1 and then don't decide to jailbreak, you can just update to 1.1.3
    You may want to see here

4. jlyanks85 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i'm not going to upgrade this second to 1.1.3. I'm going to wait till the sdk in february to decide whether I should or not. just trying to make sure if I do so I don't possibly break my ipod.

5. dagored macrumors 65816

No, in fact, if you update to 1.1.3 and buy the apps, all of your old settings are save and used, mail, notes, etc.

6. legacyb4 macrumors 6502

I'm curious to know if you've upgraded to 1.1.3 and paid for the apps, what happens if you decide to change your host machine and restore from the new machine?

Does the 1.1.3 firmware retain the changes including the unlocked applications?

7. dagored macrumors 65816

On that, I would email Apple. When you purchase from the iTunes store a record is kept, with all your info, serial, etc. I can not see why they would not let you have it again, but I also thought the apps would be free. So, go figure.