Do I HAVE to restore/wipe iphone before selling?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by skelly21, Aug 31, 2008.

1. skelly21 macrumors newbie

I deleted all contacts, and all call & SMS history, and deleted Safari history, cookies, and cache. Do I still have to restore/wipe? I would do it to be sure, but it's unlocked, and I can't get a hold of the guy who unlocked it for me...

I worry tho' as my CL ad for "iPhone" got me scammers galore! Ship it here, ship it there, it's for my sister's friend's only brother's sister whose brother's only friend died in a plane crash... And even local buyers are dying to buy ASAP, cash, no haggling... what are they so hot? Can they get into my stuff after I deleted?!

2. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Yes. Your data might no longer be on the phone but its still on the flash memory and can be extracted If you have 2.0 installed just go to settings and select erase all contents and settings. Its like...the easiest thing to do ever :confused:

3. skelly21 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have 1.1.4 and went to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All & Erase All Content And Settings, but my username/phone name [iTunes phone name] is still identified on the About screen [Settings > General > About]. I worry that there's accessible stuff somewhere.

I'm not sure if I need to restore [probably the only option now], and not sure how to as I didn't unlock phone. I can download ZiPhone but don't know what to do with it. Options are Unlock, Activate, Jailbreak: ehh, ok, I wanna restore/wipe... ideas? And thanks...

4. matperk macrumors 6502

Can't hurt to do the wipe. Better that than a chance that someone will have your data....

5. skelly21 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, can you tell me how to do it?